All 60 art Reviews

mistel mistel

hmmmmmmm...

this drawing is actually not that good. I've seen what real ferries look like and they actually don't glow like that. Very inconsistent... tisk tisk...

Zombie Mario Zombie Mario

hahaha

that's pretty good. his goal is to eat the princess instead of saving her. i love it. Do i hear Miyamoto's new big idea for the next revolutionary step in his franchise?

Joy Joy

Hey!

You stole my copyrighted title. I can sue the fuck out of you right now!..................

nah.... I'll let you slide. this time!.... :P

Whatsup? Whatsup?

oh my god!

another Kevin Milburn clone! Still pretty good work there. But it's funny how even the title and authors comments are basically the same.

Forsaken Forsaken

hm.

that almost looks like Tim Burton's concept art sketches for the disney movie "The Black Cauldron". Back when he used to animate for disney.

THEANTIFULP responds:

you know it really is cool to actually get a review from such a venerable newgrounds member...

That Disco That Disco

I absolutely love it! it achieves everything you described.

You Can Trust Me You Can Trust Me

wow

i really like how the eyes and mouth are just unrealistically cartoony enough to be subtley creepy. like, that could be a real face but you know it can't.

bruhaha bruhaha

you've got an awesome style

I really like your style. it's just plain awesome.

peixeaquatico responds:

thanks man

is cool to be praised by a great artist

Tankman Tankman

I like the concept

but i think the design of that white torso bit is overly and unnecessarily complicated. I dunno what it is, but a lot of people seem to think that the more 'realistic' armor is the more purposeless aspects it needs to have. like the Dark Knight Batman suit. Or Master Chief's armor. or the New G.I. Joe suits. The textures were handled a bit strangely.

whatever the case, it's not a terrible drawing.

Occluded responds:

I appreciate the review. While I did render the character in what I believe to be a more formally realistic style... My intent was not to be realistic. This is science fiction. When you go to movies like Batman or G.I. Joe you're not going because you want reality. It's an escape from reality. And in the land of 'Suspended Disbelief' cool takes precedent over real.

My intent was not to make it look real, but to make it look cool. I guess I would ask you to judge this piece (or any piece by anyone) not by your own preconceived notions, but by what the piece is, and what it intends to be.

Yeah, I need to play with the texture of that broken wall right behind him for sure. Anything else you see feel free to PM me.

Sora Final Form Sora Final Form

pretty good!

i think you submitted it upside down.

Wavechan responds: